- The referee with team captains will decide which team goes first.
- A player will either kick or pass the ball to a teammate in front of the center line.
- Kick offs will rotate between teams each half.
- A goal cannot be scored on a kick-off.
- All players must be on their own side of the field.
Ball In and Out of Play
- Ball will be out of play when it has completely crossed over the white line on the side or end line.
- Ball will be put back into play with a “throw-in” by the team that did not kick the ball out of play.
- Goal kicks will be taken by the defensive team and be placed on the end line and kicked into play.
- Corner kicks will be taken by the offensive team and be placed on the corner by the flag and kicked into play.
- A goal will occur when the ball has completely crossed over the goal line in between the goal.
- The score of the game will not be kept as the emphasis is on fun!
Free Kicks / Penalty Kicks
- Free kicks will be taken when an infraction (hand ball, pushing, tripping) has occurred by a player.
- The type of kick will depend on infraction and where occurred on the field.
- A referee or coach will let the player know what he/she did incorrectly.
- Penalty kicks will occur during the game.
- Offside will be called during the game.
- Shin Guards must be worn and must be covered entirely by socks
- Soccer Cleats or Tennis Shoes (no baseball cleats allowed)
- Soccer Jersey (provided by the club)
- Size 4 (10U-12U) or Size 5 (14U-19U) soccer ball
- Water Bottle (labeled with players name)
- No jewelry can be worn
Game cancellation will be determined and posted to the Neenah Soccer Club website and social media pages by 4pm on gameday. Any cancellation after that time will be made at the soccer field.
Soccer is played in the rain and will only be called off if there is thunder/lightning or if the fields are flooded. If storms look like they will end by game time we will not cancel the games; in these cases, the coaches or referees will be responsible for cancellations.