Hello Referee Candidates,
New Referee courses are currently being offered by the Wisconsin Soccer Referee Development Program (WisRef) for 2022 registration. The USSF registration year is July 1 through June 30th, with the 2022 USSF Referee license expiring 12/21/2022.
The successful Referee candidate will have the opportunity to officiate games for the Fall 2021 soccer season and all of the 2022 calendar year.
The minimum age per US Soccer policy is 13 years old at the time of registering for the course.
This course is for new, first time Referees that have not been previously registered as a Referee or a previously registered Referee who has had a lapse in registration.
New Grassroots Referees must, in order:
(1) Complete all US Soccer required assignments in the Learning Center
(2) Create a GameOfficials account
(3) Successfully complete all WisRef pre-course work
(4) Attend an in-person Virtual on-line course
This is a 14 Hour Course
The first 6 hours will be in the US Soccer Learning Center completing their required assignments.
4 hours additional WisRef pre-course work (on your own)
4 hours Virtual on-line Zoom Course (with Instructors)
This will meet the requirements to register you as a new Grassroots Referee.
Here are the Steps to Register as a 2022 USSF Referee
1) Create a Referee profile in the US Soccer Learning Center: https://ussoccerfederation.
If you are 18 or older, you will be prompted to pay for and complete a 2-year background check and complete the SafeSport module - if you turn 18 during a registration period, you will be required to complete the background check and SafeSport in order to continue refereeing.
All Referees will first register in the Assignment Course and complete the requirements and then will be transferred into a Virtual course.
2) Register in the following course: 2022-New Grassroots Referee -Assignment Course
3) Complete all US Soccer required assignments in this course. Go to: Courses/My Courses/Go to Classroom/Assignments
Remember to log out if you take a break from the training and to continually save your progress.
4) Set up a GameOfficials account for assignments: (click on this link to access our WI GameOfficials account) https://wisref.gameofficials.
This account is for the Referee, not the parent. Full mailing address is required.
5) After completing steps 1-4, notify firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions for the WisRef pre-course work
6) Once the pre-course work is completed, again notify email@example.com to choose a date/time for the Virtual on-line course. You will be able to pick a Virtual course date from one of the following: August 7th, 8th, 14th & 15th, on a first come – first serve basis.
7) Attend a Virtual on-line course.
8) Badges will be mailed out upon successful completion of all the above steps.