Rain Outs: Soccer is played in the rain and will only be called off if there is thunder/lightning or if the fields are flooded. NSC has set a deadline of 4 PM to call games off. If storms look like they will end by game time we will not cancel the games, in these cases, the coaches will be responsible for cancelling games. If the ref shows up please pay him/her.
Referees: The referee fee is $24/game. Each team is responsible for paying ½ of the fee to the referee prior to the game, prior to the start of the game. Please pay the referees in cash (no checks) and give them correct change. If the game is called off, referees still get paid. No referees are required for Kindergarten/1st grade games (coaches will referee those games).
Home Team Responsibilities: It is the responsibility of the home team to have corner flags set up by 5:20, and to supply a game ball.
- Throw-in: happens where the ball goes out on the side lines.
- Goal Kick: Happens when the offensive team kicks the ball out at the defenses end of the field. Kick is taken from the smaller box for 2/3 & 4/5 grade fields and the semi-circle on the Kindergarten/1 grade fields.
- Corner Kick: Occurs when the defense kicks the ball out of their own end line. Kick takes place from the corner on the side the ball was kicked out.
- Kindergarten/1 Coach ref: Call hand balls, out of bounds and tripping fouls mostly.
- 2/3 & 4/5 Coaches: We will not be calling off-sides as it is hard for a single referee to call.
- 2/3 & 4/5 Coaches: Please allow the Refs to call the games! If we hear that coaches are yelling at refs, you will be asked not to coach anymore. Remember that these are mostly children refereeing. If you have a problem with a referee, please email Mike Jones.
- Substitutions will be allowed on the following:
- 1 – Both goal kicks
- 2 – Own throw-in
- 3 – At half time
- 4 – After an injury
- 5 – After a goal has been scored